Research Enterprise Data Warehouse (rEDW)
The Center for Biomedical Informatics (CBMI) at UTHSC has developed Research Enterprise Data Warehouse (rEDW) – a standardized aggregated healthcare data warehouse from Methodist Le Bonheur Health System. Our mission is to develop a single, comprehensive and integrated warehouse of all pediatric and adult clinical data sources on the campus to facilitate healthcare research, healthcare operations and medical education.
The rEDW is an informatics tool available to researchers at UTHSC and Methodist Health System to assist with generating strong, data-driven hypotheses. Via controlled searches of the rEDW, UTHSC researchers will have the ability to run cohort queries, perform aggregated analyses and develop evidenced preparatory to research study plans.
Below mentioned are the key features of the data currently in rEDW:
- 3,853,343 encounters
- 1,321,785 pediatric encounters (age group of 0 to 18)
- 2,531,558 adult encounters (age group 18- 99)
- 888,406 patients (43% Male and 57% Female)
- Pediatric (age group of 0 to 18) – 272,032 patients
- Adults (age group 18- 99)– 616,374 patients
- Lab events – 80,717,665
- Medication – 30,521,981
- Diagnosis – 11,757,258
- Procedure – 768,267
- Vital Signs – 182,385,310
- ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure information is available for the patient encounters from the October 1st, 2015 to February 8th, 2018 (ICD-9 diagnosis and procedure information is available for patient encounters from January 1st, 2014 to September 30th, 2015)
The rEDW will be accessible to all faculty, staff and students through UTHSC- ORNL CBMI. We will enable access to a cloud based health research platform, TRINETX LIVE, to obtain only tabular data counts for preparatory to research work.
For formal studies, CBMI will provide research data to researchers upon submitting a request through our service request form accessible through this link and after receiving appropriate IRB approvals.